Posted on April 10 2017
Photo by Arnica Spring Photography
Last weekend Downtown Bozeman hosted hundreds of brides-to-be for the annual Bridal Walk event. Our team met with many of those blushing women, hearing about their upcoming event: the venue, the wedding party, the dress. Some are having story book weddings, others prefer something a little more casual. But apart from the excitement and the love these ladies are feeling, there's one more thing that binds every bride together.
"I want it to be different."
No one wants a cookie-cutter, one-size-fits all wedding. You want your wedding to have your personality and style written all over it. This is the celebration of two unique humans and one unique love. Why should all wedding accessories be the same?
Hattie to the rescue.
We've rounded up our favorite local vendors for wedding dresses, cake, hair, gifts, favors, drinks, and more, complete with Hattie accessories to round it out. Here's our top 5 favorite local wedding vendors + unique ways to personalize and customize your wedding (so it's way different than anyone else's).
1. The Bride. All eyes will be on you, so make sure your whole look is on point. Checklist includes dress, hair and makeup, and jewelry.
The dress: We love Plume Bridal and their fabulous collection of designer dresses. Ballgown or slipdress, Mckenzie will help you find the dress of your dreams.
Hair and Makeup: Britnee from Ethereal Hair and Makeup Artistry will amp up your natural beauty for a look that will make every jaw drop.
Jewelry: Work with Britnee's updo and rock these rustic concave earrings: you can choose from three metals to compliment your colors. Pair it with an initial necklace and sport that new last name on the big day. Bonus: grab these for your 'maids and everyone has a complete, personalized ensemble.
Oh, and while you're all dressed up, you're gonna want someone remarkable to capture your special day. Arnica Spring Photography works with Britnee and together they create the most stunningly beautiful photographs you could ever hope to have.
2. The flowers. Speaking of your gorgeous and talented friends, have you thought about what bouquets they will carry? Katalin at Poppy Bride knows a thing or two about not only flowers but weddings in the Valley and beyond. She can make your flower dreams come true.
Icing on the flower cake? These custom, handcrafted bouquet charms that double as a pendant or charm after the big day. Personalize them with names, dates, or in memory of someone you're missing now more than ever.
3. The Guys. Men don't have to be hard to shop for when you can thank them with personalized accessories. We love Zippos with a fine cigar, a custom money clip, or a set of personalized cufflinks as a groomsmen gift.
Looking for someone stylish to help you outfit those dapper guys? Our neighbors, Revolvr, carry all the hottest brands to keep your dudes from looking too cookie-cutter.
4. The Favors. Pass on the Jordan Almonds and give your guests something they really want. These wine charms can double as seating cards, plus save big bucks on the bar tab by keeping everyone's drink properly identified. We can customize them for your colors, date, plus the font, even including each guest's name in a handcrafted memento of your big day.
Looking for someone to help you pair your wines with your menu? Colleen and her team at Vino Per Tutti can help you find a unique wine that won't break your budget -- they've been voted Bozeman's best wine store 3 years in a row!
5. The cake. Other than your dress, the cake is the most symbolic item at your wedding. Don't you dare settle for sheet cake when you can have Jasmine, a self-proclaimed "pastry advocate" from Whipped create a desert experience unlike anything you've even dreamed of. Maybe an olive oil rosemary semolina cake with goat cheese buttercream, topped with fresh figs and rosemary springs? Yeah, not your average slice.
On your wedding day, don't eat that artistic creation with any old flatware. Let us personalize your cake forks with your wedding date and a special sentiment. Bring them out every anniversary and remember that magical day like it was yesterday.
Were there any of your favorite vendors or personalized products that I missed? Share your can't-miss vendors in the comments!